Faith Community Nursing
- Matching FCN Funds
- Speaker Resources
- Faith Community Nursing Workshops
- Faith Community Nursing Courses
- All About Faith Community Nursing
Faith Community Nursing, formerly called Parish Nursing, is the blend of nursing and ministry promoting the wellness of body, mind and spirit for individuals of all ages. Faith Community Nurses are registered nurses prepared to work with members of a local congregation in many ways:
- Visit members in homes or hospitals
- Counsel members on health-related issues
- Assist in obtaining needed health services
- Help members understand the relationship between body, mind and spirit
- Assist in adapting important lifestyle changes
- Teach classes on how to maintain good health
- Provide health screenings
- Develop support groups within the church
- Coordinate congregational volunteers
For resources, information and support to help your local church establish and continue its own Faith Community Nurse Program, please contact Marcia Flom, Elim Care’s Faith Community Nurse Coordinator at (952)259-4461 or email@example.com.
See what Faith Community Nursing can mean for your church.
Faith Community Nursing Advisory Board
The Elim Care Faith Community Nurse Advisory Board is an active, hands-on partner of the Elim Care Faith Community Nurse Program (FCN). Their mission is to actively encourage, support and develop Faith Community Nursing by planning educational seminars, providing prayer support and program direction.
The network of Faith Community Nurses is excited about promoting FCN in churches. The Faith Community Nurse Advisory Board includes the following members: Ginny McMillan, New Hope EFC; Marcia Flom, Elim Care FCN Coordinator & Valley Free in Chaska; Dee Huanca, First Free, Minneapolis; Arvilla Felten, Lakewood EFC; Baxter; Shelly Rock, Co-coordinator St. Croix Valley Parish Nurse Program; Kimberley Meyer, RN, EdD, Bethel University; Jim Struve, MD, Trinity Lutheran, Minnehaha Falls, Mary Martin, Oxlip EFC and Mary Van Der Werf, RN, Brooklyn Park EFC.