Faith Community Nursing
- FCN Resources
- FCN Newsletters
- Elim Faith Community Nursing Workshop
- EFCA/Equip Faith Community Nursing Online Course
- All About Faith Community Nursing
Faith Community Nursing, formerly called Parish Nursing, is the blend of nursing and ministry promoting the wellness of body, mind and spirit for individuals of all ages. Faith Community Nurses are registered nurses prepared to work with members of a local congregation in many ways:
- Visit members in homes or hospitals
- Counsel members on health-related issues
- Assist in obtaining needed health services
- Help members understand the relationship between body, mind and spirit
- Assist in adapting important lifestyle changes
- Teach classes on how to maintain good health
- Provide health screenings
- Develop support groups within the church
- Coordinate congregational volunteers
For resources, information and support to help your local church establish and continue its own Faith Community Nurse Program, please contact Mary Van Der Werf, Elim Care’s Faith Community Nurse Coordinator at (952)259-4461 or email@example.com.
See what Faith Community Nursing can mean for your church.
Faith Community Nursing Advisory Board
The Elim Care Faith Community Nurse Advisory Board is an active, hands-on partner of the Elim Care Faith Community Nurse Program (FCN). Their mission is to actively encourage, support and develop Faith Community Nursing by planning educational seminars, providing prayer support and program direction.
This team of Faith Community Nurses is excited about promoting FCN in churches. The Faith Community Nurse Advisory Board includes the following members: Ginny McMillan, New Hope EFC; Mary Van Der Werf, Elim Care FCN Coordinator & Brooklyn Park EFC; Dee Huanca, First Free, Minneapolis; Arvilla Felten, Lakewood EFC; Baxter; Shelly Rock, Co-coordinator St. Croix Valley Parish Nurse Program; Tom Cairns, ReachGlobal, EFCA; and Mary Martin, Oxlip EFC.